Universal Life Insurance (UL)
Universal Life Insurance (UL) Universal life insurance provides guaranteed lifetime coverage, but also includes an investment component that generates tax-deferred savings. Universal life insurance in a way simplifies your financial planning while meeting both your insurance and savings needs. It is an effective combination of life insurance and tax-sheltered investments.
You make ongoing deposits to the policy – with some flexibility in terms of the amount. A portion of the deposit is used to pay the premium. The rest is invested and grows tax-sheltered, allowing you to boost the value of your long-term savings. You may also be able to borrow against the savings you’ve built up and use this money to supplement your retirement income. When you die, the policy proceeds can be used to pay back the loan. When you die, the beneficiaries you name in your policy receive the insurance amount and the investment proceeds – tax free.
Features and advantages of Universal Life Insurance;
• Get permanent life insurance coverage for you and your family
• Build your wealth and the legacy your loved ones will receive
• Choose investments adapted to your investor profile
• Option to benefit from life insurance and critical illness coverages for children, for a comprehensive family-geared solution
• Flexible coverage: changes to insurance amount, changes to premium payment amount and addition of insureds during the course of the policy • Access to accumulated funds (may be taxable)
• Possibility of insuring family members under the same policy at no additional cost
• Option to add other insurance products or riders such as term life insurance and critical illness insurance